This is an update.
So, school is winding down. And that is pretty awesome. My kids are actually done with final exams but, due to a schedule that shows the disorganization and insanity of Chicago Public Schools, I have another week of babysitting. Today I tried showing a movie about the history of the number 1. It did not go over very well. Tomorrow I might show “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Next week I am debating between a probability lesson centered around Yahtzee or “Raiders of the Lost Ark”. Again, suggestions welcome.
All of this means that very soon I will be up in the idyllic and utopian Upper Peninsula for a summer I am tremendously excited about. The mere thought of that has given me hope on otherwise hopeless days. Updated summer address forthcoming.
What else, what else? Summarized:
- I have played the Ninetendo Wii a few times. I’ve only played the sports game, but I have actually enjoyed it.
- I have eaten an insane amount of unhealthy food in the past 2 weeks. Literally insane.
- I have about a half dozen tomato plants that need homes for the summer. Any Chicagoan that is interested may have one to tend, cultivate, and love.
- I am still thinking about how I am going to end the school year with a bang. I’m considering shaving my beard off and throwing a party, but haven’t committed to either. Keep checking facebook for more information.
- I could really go for some chips and salsa.
- I am still waiting to hear back from Lane. If you are a praying person, please pray for me.
- Does anyone want to play softball or volleyball this weekend?
That about does it.
Sincerely, your friend,