It has been far too long since my last entry. So, upon the urging of Mari Andrew and the rest of the North Park, xanga community, I offer this update.
- I recently stumbled across a website that offers tea picked by monkeys and coffee either regurgitated or digested by other animals. Consider these items now on my wish-list.
- Teaching is going okay. Each day is a struggle, but I am learning a lot in the process. Thomas Merton wrote: “It is better to find God on the threshold of despair than to risk our lives in a complacency that has never felt the need of forgiveness. A life that is without problems may literally be more hopeless than one that verges on despair.” I would say that at times my thoughts towards teaching have verged on despair, but that Grace has led me to humility and patience, and that has been a blessing.
- Yesterday, I went to Target and purchased a nice new pen, a great mechanical pencil, a 12 pack of RC cola, and some enevelopes. Also, I stopped at the cafe and got a pop & popcorn combination for $1.
- Yesterday, all I ate/drank was two Cherry Coke Zeros, a granola bar, and the popcorn & pop combo from Target.
- I can’t think of anything to write for this bullet point.
Consider this updated.