Serve as Vice-President (President Elect) for LIBRAS – a regional library consortium focused on professional development and education.
- Gained experience working with a Digital Asset Management tool (Starchive) and managing digitized audiovisual content.
- Improved access to records by adding a title, brief description, tags (natural language and Library of Congress Subject Headings), and categories (from a taxonomy) to records.
- Corrected mistakes in existing metadata to ensure accuracy and improve usability.
- Worked with the archivist to prioritize manuscript collections that needed processing or reorganization.
- Processed and organized materials following specific guidelines and procedures while creating and maintaining accurate finding aids.
- Implemented preservation techniques appropriate to an archival setting.
Planned and hosted several events a year focused on incorporating and using technology in libraries.
Served on the national denominational board tasked with collecting, preserving, maintaining, and interpreting historical records of the Evangelical Covenant Church
- Selected for a continuing education program focused on participatory technology skills and leadership training
- Explored ways to improve Constellation, the Institutional Repository managed by LIBRAS libraries
I lead the Commission by facilitating meetings, collaborating with denominational offices, and communicating successes and needs to outside stakeholders. I also coordinate membership, email newsletters, and social media for “Friends of Covenant History” a historical society sponsored by the Commission. Continue reading “Chair of the Commission on Covenant History”
- Serve on the executive committee of a regional library consortium focused on professional development and knowledge sharing
- Create budgets, manage the corporate account, handle all invoicing and reimbursements, coordinate with legal help to ensure national and state non-profit status
- Work collaboratively with other librarians from across the state of Illinois to promote best practices for using SFX, an open-URL link resolver
- Develop training materials for new SFX administrators as well as best practices for integrated SFX data into other library services
- Created metadata for more than 8,000 black and white negatives in the Fred M. Springer collection following local practice and national metadata standards
- Performed quality control on the scanned images and organized files according to local conventions
- Updated and maintain the website for the Northfield Historical Society
- Provide technical support and metadata expertise to ensure that digital content is accessible and the website can accommodate a growing collection of digital images