I lead the Commission by facilitating meetings, collaborating with denominational offices, and communicating successes and needs to outside stakeholders. I also coordinate membership, email newsletters, and social media for “Friends of Covenant History” a historical society sponsored by the Commission. Continue reading “Chair of the Commission on Covenant History”
- Serve on the executive committee of a regional library consortium focused on professional development and knowledge sharing
- Create budgets, manage the corporate account, handle all invoicing and reimbursements, coordinate with legal help to ensure national and state non-profit status
- Work collaboratively with other librarians from across the state of Illinois to promote best practices for using SFX, an open-URL link resolver
- Develop training materials for new SFX administrators as well as best practices for integrated SFX data into other library services
I started using the content management system Omeka to manage a small collection of digitized family photos. This represents my earliest attempts at website design and hosting, digitization and file management, and metadata. I will imagine this will be a constant work in process but I’m also irrationally proud of it.
I call the site Greenlock – the name of my maternal grandfather’s farm.
I have worked with the Covenant Quarterly for several years as both a student editor (2011-2013) and more recently as the technical advisor (2014-2017). Continue reading “Covenant Quarterly”
- Updated and maintain the website for the Northfield Historical Society
- Provide technical support and metadata expertise to ensure that digital content is accessible and the website can accommodate a growing collection of digital images