Part of the “Collection Development Strategies in an Evolving Marketplace: an ALCTS Midwinter Symposium” at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Chicago (January, 2015) Continue reading “Panel member for “Demand-Driven Acquisition of Monographs from several perspectives””
An informal presentation for the Center for Railroad Photography and Art as well as interested Faculty from Lake Forest College (April, 2015) Continue reading “Reflections on Processing the Fred Springer Collection”
- Selected for a continuing education program focused on participatory technology skills and leadership training
- Explored ways to improve Constellation, the Institutional Repository managed by LIBRAS libraries
I lead the Commission by facilitating meetings, collaborating with denominational offices, and communicating successes and needs to outside stakeholders. I also coordinate membership, email newsletters, and social media for “Friends of Covenant History” a historical society sponsored by the Commission. Continue reading “Chair of the Commission on Covenant History”
- Serve on the executive committee of a regional library consortium focused on professional development and knowledge sharing
- Create budgets, manage the corporate account, handle all invoicing and reimbursements, coordinate with legal help to ensure national and state non-profit status
- Work collaboratively with other librarians from across the state of Illinois to promote best practices for using SFX, an open-URL link resolver
- Develop training materials for new SFX administrators as well as best practices for integrated SFX data into other library services
I started using the content management system Omeka to manage a small collection of digitized family photos. This represents my earliest attempts at website design and hosting, digitization and file management, and metadata. I will imagine this will be a constant work in process but I’m also irrationally proud of it.
I call the site Greenlock – the name of my maternal grandfather’s farm.
- Created metadata for more than 8,000 black and white negatives in the Fred M. Springer collection following local practice and national metadata standards
- Performed quality control on the scanned images and organized files according to local conventions
I have worked with the Covenant Quarterly for several years as both a student editor (2011-2013) and more recently as the technical advisor (2014-2017). Continue reading “Covenant Quarterly”
- Updated and maintain the website for the Northfield Historical Society
- Provide technical support and metadata expertise to ensure that digital content is accessible and the website can accommodate a growing collection of digital images