I have worked with the Covenant Quarterly for several years as both a student editor (2011-2013) and more recently as the technical advisor (2014-2017).
As technical advisor, I helped the Covenant Quarterly transition from a traditional journal with print subscriptions to an online, Open Access journal. In particular, I
- manage the website which runs on the Open Journal System platform and the companion website, Forum, that runs on WordPress,
- create and implement a customized stylesheet for the main journal site,
- serve as the technical liaison between the editorial team and our hosting company,
- make recommendations related to metadata and the technical nature of the website (requesting online ISSN, apply for inclusion in the Directory of Open Access Journals, etc.)
- advise editor and authors on matters of copyright and intellectual property.
As the student editor, I edited articles and book reviews using a customized style guide with careful attention to detail and served as the student representative on the Seminary’s Library and Publications committee.